- Infrastructure and IT Business Support Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £35,485 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 21 October 2020 11:30 PM
Contract Type: 18-month fixed term contract (subject to review with possible extension)
Do you have the abilities to manage and maintain a complex ICT Infrastructure?
Role Snapshot… This role requires you to manage the day to day operations of the ICT & Digital infrastructure with responsibility for related upgrades and management, with a focus on security and compliance across the ICT & Digital service. Read on for more information….
What you could be part of…
South Norfolk and Broadland Councils are based in Long Stratton and Norwich and are looking to are looking to grow with the addition of an ICT & Digital Infrastructure Network Lead. The ICT & Digital team is responsible for the provision of ICT & Digital services and support to 10 offices across the Norfolk area. Whilst you need solid experience with a technical capacity, ultimately culture is just as important. Personality, humour and character are significant factors and combined with a strong aptitude and love of ICT, are what it takes to be successful in this role and company for the foreseeable future.
Working at South Norfolk and Broadland Councils would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Manage the performance, development, attendance and conduct of the infrastructure team.
- Manage operational aspects of the councils’ internal and external infrastructure, including networks, security, remote access, internet/intranet, databases and telephony. The support of these systems must include their continued operation, availability, maintenance, capacity management, recovery, security and integrity.
- Ensure that services are provided in a professional and cost-effective manner which meets the councils’ quality and contractual requirements and that the service operates within budgets agreed with clients and the Infrastructure and IT business support manager.
- Provide end users and team members with specialist technical advice and support.
- Provide 3rd line support on technical architecture issues.
- Provide operational expertise on the disaster recovery and business continuity of IT systems and infrastructure and participate in the councils’ business continuity workgroup.
- Provide operational expertise on all ICT security issues and develop and maintain the council’s Information security policy.
- Maintain server maintenance schedule and monitor production life of servers
You must have…
- A relevant degree or professional/vocational qualification or demonstrate equivalent IT knowledge
- Significant experience in an IT infrastructure role
- Demonstrable experience in understanding the configuration of infrastructure solutions
- Experience of negotiation with 3rd party suppliers
- Up to date knowledge of current technical developments
- Experience of full project lifecycle in a structured environment
- Demonstrable experience of supporting and maintaining at least one technology stack in an infrastructure capacity
- In depth understanding of server and network infrastructure environments
- Up to date technical knowledge in enterprise infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of Local Government systems and Processes
- Demonstrable experience of change & release management, configuration management, availability management, capacity management and service continuity management
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Manny Gomes on 01603 430435 to answer these for you.