- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Horizon Building, Norwich, Norwich; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £47,588 - £53,011 (indicative and subject to job evaluation)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 Hours a week
- Closing date:
- 03 February 2023 11:30 PM
Growing a more sustainable future
Enabling new housing to come forward and protecting the environment in Norfolk at the same time. Initially focussing on purchasing and selling nutrient enrichment solutions
You would be at the centre of leading a new joint venture between the local authorities and Anglian Water, flexible working is supported with a desire for two days a week in the Norwich office
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Effective day to day management of the business
- Sourcing and negotiating nutrient neutrality mitigation
- Developing a portfolio of environmental solutions including nutrient credits
- Liaising with planning teams, regional and national groups
- Reporting to the Joint Venture Board
You must have…
- Clear Leadership and ability to influence and persuade others at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of managing a large scale programme within timescales and budgets with clearly articulated personal success measures.
- A detailed understanding of the environmental challenges associated with housing growth, including nutrient neutrality
- Experience of developing and delivering projects, working in partnership with other agencies and external organisations.
- Excellent communication skills, and able to work well with a range of partners, and other agencies
- Experience of securing funding and finance for projects and programmes.
- Demonstrable capability to negotiate and influence others to achieve desired outcomes, balancing a wide range of views in order to gain buy-in.
- Capable of communicating challenging information accurately and concisely to a breadth of different audiences.
- Demonstrable experience of thinking innovatively about effective approaches to problem solving.
- 46-55% of this role’s time will be spend on external communication.
What’s in it for you…
Getting in at the start of the company and establishing a portfolio of environmental improvements to enable housing growth in Norfolk. Working for a company that has attracted national interest for the innovative approach and public/private sector partnership.
Why Work For Us?
The uuccessful candidate will be an employee of Broadland District Council and if you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Hybrid Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and hybrid working options available for employees where operationally possible.
Where Are We Located?
Plan your travel route and find out where the Council office sites are located?
Our website has an amazing interactive map showing all our Council sites and the travel and route plan for each.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager, a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
Friday 3 February 2023 at 11:30pm
w/c 13 February
*The Councils reserve the right to close the any and all vacancies after one week, if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or human resources, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Recruiting Manager Name
If you want to learn more about the Councils, then please visit our joint website- South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils Website.
For lots of great information about employee life at the Councils please visit the above linked pages or visit our Jobs and Training Courses website page.
For information on how we use your data and the Councils Data Protection Policy please have a look at the Councils website.