- Planning Business Improvement Team
- Place of work:
- Home based; South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £26,493 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 07 March 2021 11:30 PM
Do you have as passion for working with communities to create better places ?
Role Snapshot… To provide professional advice on all matters relating Section 106 Planning Agreements to applicants, developers, parish councils and officers. Do you enjoy working with others, good with numbers and have a drive to deliver the best development for our communities? Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Working as one team across two Councils you will be part of a dynamic multi-disciplined development management team which is facilitating and encouraging the delivery of growth to a high standard. The role offers the unique opportunity to work closely with developers and community organisations, including Parish Council’s to provide quality development and associated infrastructure.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Provide advice to officers, public/agents and applicants on all Section 106 issues
- Monitor commencements, completions and occupations on sites subject to S106 agreements to ensure all contributions/obligations are provided on time.
- Support parish and town councils to identify and prioritise local infrastructure needs having regard to proposed and approved growth in the local area and, where relevant, the policies of the neighbourhood plan.
- Support parish and town councils to optimise the use of funding to deliver infrastructure and facilities in the local area, including Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) receipts
You must have…
Educated to A or AS level, NVQ level 3, BTech National or have equivalent experience. Able to demonstrate practical and accurate financial skills. An ability to communicate in a professional manner on a variety of enquiries, showing initiative where appropriate. Be able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines demonstrating strong organisational and prioritisation techniques. Experience of co-ordinating activities across a number of complex projects and working across disciplines to achieve shared objectives. Good interpersonal skills and the confidence to negotiate with people at all levels. Hold a UK driving licence
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Stuart Pontin on 01508 533796 or Tracy Lincoln on 01508 533814 to answer these for you.