- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton
- Salary details:
- £45,716 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 01 November 2021 11:30 PM
Salary and Hours: £45,716 per annum plus up to £8,500 market supplement dependant on experience.
37 hours per week with flexible and remote working arrangements.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Long Stratton, close to Norwich, NR15 2XE
Other key information: Paid out of hours rota and professional membership. Car user allowance and milage. Interview will be via Zoom / Skype.
Are you looking for your next challenge?
As a Surveyor Team Leader, you will lead one of our two offices. Be an integral part of our management structure, manage and supporting a professional team, providing guidance and advice on all building control matters.
What you could be part of…
We believe in a collaborative partnership approach to building control. We are innovative and pioneering with full digital and mobile working platforms, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance. We are committed to developing our staff, you will be able to build on your existing qualifications and experience.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Surveyor Team Leader, you will be one of the lead surveyors managing workloads and providing guidance and advice on building control matters. You will carry out plan checking and site inspections, dealing with a wide range of projects including residential, commercial, mixed-use and complex schemes. This also includes dealing with dangerous structures and attending other emergency incidents.
We have a number of partnerships and cross-boundary working agreements that you would lead on so it is important to develop effective client relationships. You will also be key in promoting the service to gain and retain customers.
We are fully committed to training and developing our staff and as an experienced Building Control Surveyor, you will provide mentor support to trainees and assistant colleagues.
You must have…
Full Membership of a recognised professional body such as; Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Association of Building Engineers (CABE) or Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), and have a full UK (or equivalent) driving licence. You should also have experience in managing a team encompassing performance and service delivery management, as well as a proven record to implement change.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Steve Fulcher on 07890 599 43 to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role via our website.
Closing date: 1st November 2021
Interview date: 11th and 12th November 2021
Please note this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.