- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Horizon Building, Norwich, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £29,577- £34,392
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 08 October 2023 11:30 PM
Fixed Term until March 2025
A chance to assist some of the most vulnerable people in our communities
To ensure a swift outreach response to customers who are homeless and/or rough sleeping to access suitable accommodation and services to improve outcomes and prevent reoccurrence of homelessness. Through assessment, support planning and work with partners including our Help Hub, mental health services, drug and alcohol support, and other voluntary and statutory services, you will create pathways out of homelessness and sustainable futures for those with the most complex and entrenched needs.
It is a very exciting and challenging time to join our Housing and Benefits team. The Rough Sleeper service across both Councils has been developed and expanded in recent years to address the needs of rough sleepers and prevent future homelessness. We work collaboratively with partners across Norfolk, to support people with complex needs create sustainable futures. This has become even more pressing because of the current cost of living crisis and increasing levels of homelessness.
What you could be part of…
Are you self-motivated and able to work effectively in a pressurised fast-moving customer service environment? Can you work in a collaborative way for the benefit of our residents? If the answer is yes, then why not apply to join our Housing and Benefits team?
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focused services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Undertaking early morning street-based outreach to identify and support people off the streets.
- Providing in-reach and outreach work, to prevent evictions and homelessness, working closely with housing associations, supported housing providers and others.
- On a multi-agency level, developing and supporting, through a SPOC system, in the execution of personal plans with clients to identify goals and needs, making sure that required access to support is made available in order to either, sustain current accommodation, prepare for a long-term suitable home, meet personal goals and improve wellbeing.
- Managing caseload, maintaining manual and electronic client records, and ensuring there is a comprehensive record of all client contacts and outcomes, including assessments of risk.
- Networking and fostering good relationships with multi-agency partners and working with organisations to develop existing relationships to increase awareness of and reporting of rough sleeping.
- Identifying gaps in services and being proactive in working with the housing teams, other council services and multi-agency partners in seeking solutions.
You must have…
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent (including Maths and English) or the ability to demonstrate ability at this level.
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle.
- Significant experience of working in a housing, homelessness, support worker environment, providing support and advice with a good knowledge of the legislation governing homelessness and homeless prevention (including the Homelessness Reduction Act).
- An understanding of legislation applicable to mental health, social care, and the criminal justice services.
- Significant experience of working with clients who need a high level of support and who have complex needs and experience of building relationships, based on collaboration and trust, with accommodation and support providers.
- Experience of working with appropriate partners to identify appropriate solutions for clients with thorough knowledge of local services landscape, including Mental Health, Health, Welfare and Benefits etc.
- Ability to find innovative solutions to problems, able to effectively manage conflicting priorities, and can evidence flexibility and ability to cover numerous roles.
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Recruiting Manager: John Dell
Phone Number: 01603 430582
Phone Number: 01508 533995
Closing date: 8 October 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: Thursday 19 October 2023
Please note, that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. We are unable to accept any DBS checks from a previous employer.
We will contact you via email, after the recruiting manager has shortlisted for the role to advise you of the shortlisting decision. Please note, we do not provide feedback at the application stage.
For guidance on future applications please see our website: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/southnorfolk/GenText.aspx?page=Page34
For information on future vacancies please sign up to our job alerts by clicking ‘get email alerts’ on our jobs page: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/SearchResults.aspx
If you want to learn more about the Councils, then please visit our joint website - South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils Website.
For lots of great information about employee life at the Councils please visit the above linked pages or visit our Jobs and Training Courses website page.
For information on how we use your data and the Councils Data Protection Policy please have a look at the Councils website
Please note, we only accept applications submitted through our job’s portal, via Norfolk Jobs Direct: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/index.aspx
We are not accountable for any applications or details published through other job sites.