- Leisure Services
- Place of work:
- Diss Leisure Centre, Diss; Framingham Earl High School Sports Centre, Poringland; Ketts Park, Wymondham; Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Norwich; Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- £26,493 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 09 May 2021 11:30 PM
Location: Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Wymondham Leisure Centre, Diss Leisure Centre, Ketts Park and Framlingham Earl
Other key information: Will require shift working and the desire to learn and develop
Come and join a winning team and future proof your career in the leisure industry
Do you enjoy fitness, wellbeing and thrive on being part of busy team working a range of shifts and dealing with the public working? Want to work in a modern setting with latest equipment? Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Our Leisure Centres have recently undergone million investment to ensure our facilities are the best in the area. We will be the go-to venue offering state the art fitness facilities, studios, main hall, state of the art 3G Pitches, café and soft play area.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Support the Centre Manager in ensuring that the centres achieve the income targets and stay within the expenditure parameters.
- Management of internal departments
- Review member/customer feedback to ensure that customer service meets the expectation of the customers
- To effectively carry out key tasks/duties assigned to the specific Assistant Manager role to include a combination of the following aspects: the management of internal departments, promotion of memberships/activities, rota writing, timetable scheduling, assisting and driving forward the maintenance (PPM) and all Health and Safety requirements and best practice.
You must have…
NPMQ (National Pool Managers Qualification), IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health Qualification), FAW (First Aid at Work Qualification), NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification), National Pool Plant Operators Qualification, Level 2 Award Legionella awareness. Hold a formal supervisory qualification or relevant experience, or able to obtain the above qualifications
Our teams work across our all leisure centres, so you need to be able to have your own means transport and enjoy this flexible working style.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Dan Infanti on 01508 533924 to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role by logging into our website.
Closing date: 09 May 2021 or when sufficient applications have been recieved
Interview date: 14th May 2021
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.