- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £17,940 - £19,176
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 30 January 2022 11:30 PM
Are you passionate about supporting people with medical conditions to improve their physical health?
Role Snapshot… You will learn to deliver community-based referral programmes that support clients with a range of conditions where exercise has been deemed a suitable treatment. You will gain the skills to instill lifestyle change and support clients to improve their health and wellbeing through regular exercise and healthy habits to improve their quality of life. As part of the role, you will need to successfully undertake and complete an exercise referral instructor qualification within the first six months of employment.
What you could be part of…
The Communities Team provides a range of services for residents which include; engaging with community groups, delivering a highly regarded holiday scheme for young people, providing physical activity opportunities for those with stable health conditions, building bespoke support packages for vulnerable people, facilitating grant programs including our Community at Heart Lottery, processing information for Assets of Community Value (ACV) and enabling a variety of events to take place.
The team puts the resident first. Our aim is to enable communities to flourish and the projects we deliver and facilitate are key to this ethos.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Undertaking a level three Exercise Referral Instructor qualification
- Learning to planning, deliver and assess a range of exercise referral patients including working with clients in groups, teaching classes and on a 1:1 basis to meet their needs and progress their fitness
- Supporting clients to access wider support services as part of a holistic approach to improving their wellbeing in general
- Tracking the progress of participants and producing reports so that the scheme’s impact can be evidenced on funding bids.
- Learning to conduct initial consultations with clients to assess that their condition meets the inclusion criteria and collate baseline data.
- Learning to create a progressive plan to challenge the client and produce the best health improvements at the final review
You must have…
- Level 2 qualification in fitness instruction
- Have or be prepared to complete a First Aid Qualification to a minimum of “Emergency First Aid at Work”
- An understanding of a range of health conditions including exercise prescription for these conditions
- Demonstrable experience of instructing health and fitness to individuals and/or groups
- Demonstrable experience writing fitness programmes to meet individual needs, monitoring and evaluating progress of clients
- A current driving licence and the ability to travel extensively within the project delivery areas with necessary equipment.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Dan Goodwin on 01603 430563 to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role via our website.
Closing date: Sunday 30th January or when sufficient applications have been received
Interview date: 11th/14th February
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.