- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Norwich; Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- Circa £17,940 - £19,176 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 12 November 2021 11:30 PM
Location: Wymondham Leisure Centre or Long Stratton Leisure Centre.
Other key information: Variable working shifts
Do you have as much enthusiasm as our customers?
Do you enjoy fitness, wellbeing and thrive on being part of busy team working a range of shifts and dealing with the public working? Want to work in a modern setting with latest equipment? Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Our Leisure Centres have recently been significantly invested in to ensure our facilities are some of the best in the area, each week we run in excess of 50 classes which have waiting lists due to their popularity and we continue to want to offer more. Your role will be mainly gym based but you may be asked to help out with sports hall changeovers and assist the front of house team on reception.
Working at the Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Supervise the gym area
- Undertake gym inductions and programmes.
- Set up activities within the centre such as badminton, football, fitness classes etc.
- Instruct classes (wherever necessary and qualification dependant)
- Assist with centre tours and membership sales.
- Assist Front of House team at reception.
- Ensure the centre is well run, clean and ready for business.
You must have…
Level 2 fitness qualification and be able to undertake circuit training classes, along with a health and safety requirements within the leisure industry. Additional fitness class qualifications would be desirable but not essential to this role. You should also have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with our customers.
You may still have questions and can contact Wymondham Leisure Centre on 01953 607171 or Long Stratton Leisure Centre on 01508 531444
Closing date: Please note that this vacancy will close once we have sufficient applications.
Please specify in your application which location you are applying for you.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.