- South Norfolk Council
- Place of work:
- Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £5,168 - £5,863 per annum (£19,121 – £21,693 FTE)
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 18 January 2019 11:30 PM
Do you have as much energy as our customers?
Do you enjoy fitness, wellbeing and thrive on being part of busy team working a range of shifts and dealing with the public working? Want to work in a modern setting with latest equipment and work with clientele to really make a difference? Then read on...
What you could be part of:
A brand new referral scheme where South Norfolk Council and Broadland District Council are working together in collaboration with Broadly Active. We are focussed on making physical activity available to everyone this new scheme will help us work with clients who may never have thought exercise was an option before. The role of GP Referral Instructor will be integral to our new scheme and is an opportunity to see real progression with your clients and make and real difference to people’s lives.
What you will be doing:
- Conducting initial consultations with members to assess their condition meets the inclusion criteria set out by Broadly Active
- Setting realistic SMART targets with the client and provide regular check points
- Reporting on client progress through EZ Runner booking system, file notes will be required weekly so that the success of the scheme can be evidenced and reported back to CCG’s and healthcare professionals
- Following up on non-attendance to encourage 100% participation throughout scheme
- Ensure a safe, hazard free exercise environment and provide appropriate and thorough warm up / cool down exercises to minimise the risk of injury to the client
- Encourage the client to continue with exercise post-scheme and prevent re-lapse. The referral instructor should have good knowledge of feeder classes / groups to pass the client onto.
You must have:
- A Level 3 GP Referral qualification and either have or be prepared to complete a First Aid Qualification.
- Previous experience in a leisure centre with good concentration skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with our customers.
What’s in it for you:
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan. We also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Matt Allen on (01953) 607171 to answer these for you.
Interview date: 25 January 2019.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure andBarring Service.