Kids Camp Assistant (Casual)
- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Norwich; Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- £10.93 per hour
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Closing date:
- 04 June 2023 11:00 PM
Other Information: Please note, as an organisation we are also committed to being a Real Living Wage employer, meaning all of our staff will be paid a minimum of £10.90 per hour which equates to £21,029 per annum.
Be part of a new and enthusiastic team running exciting activities for children within the district!
Role Snapshot… South Norfolk and Broadland Councils have relaunched their popular Kids Camp and are on the lookout for new team members. If you’re outgoing, energetic, and have a passion for helping young people develop their cognitive skills, confidence, health, and wellbeing whilst having fun, then read on!
What you could be part of…Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Understand and maintain Ofsted requirements / standards.
- Focus on the children at all times. Ensure that all leaders welcome and get to know the children, ensuring that their enjoyment is your prime concern. Care for and encourage children, integrating nervous children.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of children at all times. Being fully aware of Kids Camp policies and procedures.
- Maintain interest throughout each session, ensuring that each child is able to participate, giving regard to age and preferences.
- Ensure any safeguarding concerns are dealt with appropriately and reported to the designated safeguarding officer.
You must have…
- Minimum level 2 qualification in a relevant area of work as set out in the National Qualifications Framework (desirable)
- Sports Coaching Qualification Level 1 (various sports) (desirable)
- First Aid Qualification or willing to undertake
- Experience of working with a wide range of children and young people in a play work setting (voluntary or paid) (desirable)
- Experience of working with children with SEND (desirable)
- Experience working with the public and a friendly and approachable manner
- An awareness of child development and children’s rights (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate well to children/young people and adults
- Ability to be innovative in organising activities
- A sound knowledge of the health and safety policy and procedures
- Ability to manage workload and use own initiative
- Ability to work effectively within a small team
- An understanding of the principles of play and the role of adults (desirable)
- Awareness of the importance of working within an equal opportunities framework (desirable)
- Over 86% of the roles time will be spent on external communication
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
For advice on how to apply, please visit our website https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/southnorfolk/GenText.aspx?page=Page34
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Recruiting Manager: Claire Lister
Phone Number: 01508 508729
Phone Number: 01508 533995
Closing date: 4th June 2023
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Please note we will not accept any DBS checks from a previous employer. For roles that require a criminal record check – enhanced
We will contact you via email, after the recruiting manager has shortlisted for the role to advise you of the shortlisting decision. Please note, we do not provide feedback at the application stage.
For guidance on future applications please see our website: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/southnorfolk/GenText.aspx?page=Page34
For information on future vacancies please sign up to our job alerts by clicking ‘get email alerts’ on our jobs page: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/SearchResults.aspx
If you want to learn more about the Councils, then please visit our joint website - South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils Website.
For lots of great information about employee life at the Councils please visit the above linked pages or visit our Jobs and Training Courses website page.
For information on how we use your data and the Councils Data Protection Policy please have a look at the Councils website
Please note we only accept applications submitted through our job’s portal, via Norfolk Jobs Direct: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/index.aspx
We are not accountable for any applications or details published through other job sites.