- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Norwich; Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- £9.29 - £10.31 per hour
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Zero hours contract
- Zero Hours
- Closing date:
- 20 June 2021 11:30 PM
Join a new and exciting team, just about to launch a variety of fun activities within the district!
Various positions available:
Kids Camp Assistant
Kids Camp Supervisor
Kids Camp Coordinator
Role Snapshot… South Norfolk and Broadland Councils are re-launching their popular Kids Camp this summer and we are on the lookout for new team members. If you’re fun, outgoing, have lots of energy and have a passion for helping young people develop their; cognitive skills, confidence, health and wellbeing whilst having fun then read on...
What you could be part of…
As we move into a post covid world the organisation is well on the way to deliver the leisure recovery programme. We have fantastic facilities which have been heavily invested in over the last few years all we need now are the people to help us deliver great services.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Supervising activities
- Setting up activities
- Ensuring the scheme is well run and contributing towards its development
- Carrying out basic house keeping duties
- Making sure everyone has fun
You must have…
A passion for excellent customer service in a leisure/sporting environment. A willingness to undertake professional development specific to the facilities. A First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work Qualification or the willingness to attain one through ourselves. Previous experience in a play scheme environment is desirable. You must have good attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with our customers.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Andy Kurton on email@example.com or 01953 607171 to answer these for you.
Closing date: 18th June 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 21 June 2021
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced criminal record check.