- Leisure Services
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton
- Salary details:
- Circa £40,771 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 09 May 2021 11:30 PM
Helping Leisure bounce back better.
Role Snapshot… Do you have a passion for sport, physical activity and leisure? Do you possess the ability to identify opportunities to increase participation whilst keeping a close eye on the commercial drivers? Can you sniff out funding opportunities and build long-lasting and fruitful relationships with a wide range of partners? Do your communication skills allow you to shout about our services to our diverse range of customers? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
What you could be part of…
Over the last six years South Norfolk Council has invested heavily in its leisure facilities, giving its residents access to the sort of facilities that other councils can only be envious of. But, we’re ambitious for our residents. We want them to be as active as they can possibly be, especially in the post-Covid world where we know that health and well-being is paramount. Our One Team approach presents an opportunity to build on what we’ve achieved over recent years, to bounce back better after Covid and extend our impact to even more residents across South Norfolk and Broadland.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Generate inward investment to help develop services through developing and utilising extensive networks of local and national partners.
- Support the development and delivery of the Broadland and South Norfolk programme of community leisure.
- Implement successful capital investment opportunities via research, bids, negotiation and development to fruition.
- Lead, co-ordinate and oversee the leisure services communications programmes, working with the Councils communications team.
You must have…
Relevant experience working in a similar role undertaking development of services and identifying innovative solutions. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven track record in leading and delivering significant change and business improvement initiatives within an operational services environment.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Simon Phelan on firstname.lastname@example.org to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role by logging into our website.
Closing date: 9th May 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed