- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Diss Leisure Centre, Diss; Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- Circa £26,493 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Various hours available
- Closing date:
- 20 June 2021 11:30 PM
Salary: £26,493 – £31,119 per annum (£13.76 - £16.17 per hour)
Contract Type: Permanent and Casual hours available
Location: South Norfolk Council Leisure Centres
Role Snapshot… Looking to be a part of a brilliant swim teacher team, teaching and developing skills to a wide range of people? Then look no further as here at Wymondham Leisure Centre we are offering just that! Joining our swim school team, with over 1400 members and counting, will give you that chance to deliver fun and effective lessons. Want to know more read on…
What you could be part of…
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Organising, planning and evaluating a high quality structured swim programme using the ASA National Plan for Teaching Swimming
- Ensuring lessons are fun as well as progressive and encouraging future progression from swimming lessons
- Delivering a high quality customer service through welcoming all users of the facilities ensuring you promote a positive image of both the centre and the Council as whole
- As well as teaching our 'Learn to Swim' programme, we are especially interested to hear from candidates who are experienced in delivering Group, Adult and Child, individual or 2:1 lessons.
You must have…
- ASA Level 2 Swimming Teachers
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches or National Pool Lifeguard qualification
- Experience planning and delivering swimming sessions to groups of mixed abilities
- Motivation and the ability to enthuse others to develop their swimming skills
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As a Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan, with on-going professional training and development. We also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities. We also offer
Please note that this post involves weekend and evening working, you may also be asked to work at other centres as and when required. This post is also subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Contact Andy Kurton (Swim School Coordinator) on 01953 607171 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Closing date: 20th June 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed