- Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School (Debenham)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £52,414 - £60,755
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 13 May 2019 12:00 PM
Required from September 2019, or January 2020.
Debenham Primary School is a delightful Church of England school at the heart of a rural community in the beautiful Suffolk village of Debenham, a short drive to the stunning Suffolk coast, and within easy reach of Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, and Norwich.
We are a voluntary aided school and not part of a Multi Academy Trust. The school buildings are mostly Victorian, set in extensive playing fields, surrounded by trees and situated on the banks of the river Deben.
We are seeking a Headteacher who can continue to offer a Christian grounding to all pupils through a distinct Christian ethos, and to provide strong leadership with the vision to draw out the 'Outstanding' that we know we are capable of. We need a firm commitment to school improvement and a proven track record of raising standards for all pupils.
You will ensure that the children continue to get the best creative, academic, spiritual, social and cultural education, to produce well-rounded young people who have a zest for learning.
You will join a team of experienced and dedicated staff, and will be supported by governors, parents, children, and the whole community.
- show a strong commitment to Christian values and moral purpose
- lead by example to build on the successes of the school
- create an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported
- show sound judgement in strategic, curriculum-led budget planning
- develop high standards of individual pupil and school achievement
- promote an ethos in which children take ownership of responsibility for learning, positive behaviour, personal development, and compassion for others
- continue the close relationship with parents and the local community.
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. For an appointment, please contact the school office on (01728) 860201 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: email@example.com or (01473) 263943.
Interview date: 23 / 24 May 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.