- Pot Kiln Primary School
- Place of work:
- Great Cornard
- Salary details:
- £55,064 - £63,806
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 13 May 2019 01:00 PM
Required from September 2019 or January 2020.
We are pleased to offer an amazing opportunity to lead our much-loved primary school in the heart of Great Cornard, Suffolk. The Board of Governors, staff, pupils and parents are looking for a Headteacher with vision, enthusiasm and compassion, to continue to develop our thriving school and support our creative approach to teaching and learning, pushing the school beyond academic boundaries.
You will need to meet the challenges of a school which became a full through primary in September 2013. Standards have improved with the present Headteacher bringing the school to our current 'Good' judgement. (Ofsted, November 2016).
We are looking for an effective leader with a demonstrable ability to drive these improvements further still. Our ambition is to continue to raise the profile of the school and be outstanding in every aspect.
The governing body will be looking to you to:
- raise standards still higher in a growing school
- support the staff to deliver sustainable improvement
- strengthen our links with families and the wider community
- provide fair treatment of pupils, staff and parents
- provide a culture where everyone is valued and encouraged to succeed.
If you feel that you could fulfil this role, you will need to:
- be an experienced Headteacher, Deputy, Assistant Headteacher or Principal
- be able to have a strategic overview without losing sight of day-to-day needs
- be an effective communicator
- be an inspirational leader with a proven talent for team building
- have a proven track record of high-quality teaching
- lead by example and be an excellent mentor for colleagues
- be someone who sets high standards for yourself, staff and pupils.
- Pot Kiln Primary School is situated in the rural county of Suffolk close to the market town of Sudbury, and offers a:
- dedicated team of staff
- supportive governing body
- modern building with extensive grounds and an outdoor swimming pool
- healthy budget.
Roll: 335 including Nursery. School PAN: 45
Visits are encouraged, please contact the school on (01787) 372107 to book for either 24 April, 30 April or 7 May.
For further information or an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: email@example.com or (01473) 263943.
Interview date: 20 / 21 May 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.