- Walsham-le-Willows CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £51,311 - £59,528 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 11 September 2020 12:00 PM
Required from January 2021.
Are you an inspirational leader who has high aspirations and is seeking an opportunity to use those qualities to deliver outstanding performance and outcomes?
Walsham-le-Willows Primary School is a thriving Church of England primary school situated in a picturesque village in mid Suffolk, very close to Bury St Edmunds, Diss and Stowmarket where there are excellent road and rail links to London and the Midlands. The school has strong links with the local community and was rated as 'Good' by Ofsted (December 2017).
We are seeking a Headteacher to provide the professional leadership and management of the school that will promote a secure foundation from which to achieve high standards in all areas of the school's work.
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate and committed to lead on creating a secure, nurturing and stimulating environment for learning which enables children to flourish as enthusiastic, confident and independent learners
- will provide professional vision and leadership for the school to secure its future improvement and success
- has a proven track record in leadership and staff development with experience of performance management
- demonstrates strategic, curriculum-led financial planning ensuring all pupils have the opportunity to achieve their potential
- promotes Christian values, where children develop a feeling of mutual care and respect for themselves, others and the environment
- has the ability to manage challenging situations in an empathetic way
- is able to provide a safe environment for pupils and staff by being approachable yet having a presence, along with a healthy sense of perspective
- appreciates the key roles of parents, carers and wider families in a child's education and will continually strive to develop effective and strong partnerships between home and school.
In return, we can offer you:
- engaged and hardworking pupils
- enthusiastic teaching and support staff who embrace best practice and innovation
- a fantastic and safe learning environment
- a supportive Governing Body.
Visits to the school are not possible at this time, but if you would like to talk to Jackie Ridding, Chair of Governors about the post, please feel free to call the school office on (01359) 259319 and they will arrange this for you.
For further information or an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: email@example.com or (01473) 263943.
Interview dates: 24 / 25 September 2020.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.