- Walsham-le-Willows CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 12 April 2021 12:00 PM
- £52,723 - ££61,166 pa
- Required from the Autumn Term 2021.
Are you an inspirational leader who has high aspirations and is seeking an opportunity to use those qualities to deliver outstanding performance and outcomes?
Walsham le Willows Primary School is a thriving Church of England Primary School situated in a picturesque village in Mid Suffolk, very close to Bury St Edmunds, Diss and Stowmarket where there are excellent road and rail links to London and the Midlands. The school has strong links with the local community and was rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in December 2017.
We are seeking a Headteacher to provide the professional leadership and management of the school that will promote a secure foundation from which to achieve high standards in all areas of the school’s work.
We are looking for someone who:
- promotes Christian values, where children develop a feeling of mutual care and respect for themselves, others and the environment
- is passionate and committed to lead on creating a secure, nurturing and stimulating environment for learning which enables children to flourish as enthusiastic, confident and independent learners
- will provide professional vision and leadership for the school to secure its future improvement and success
- has a proven track record in leadership and staff development with experience of performance management
- demonstrates strategic, curriculum-led financial planning ensuring all pupils have the opportunity to achieve their potential
- has the ability to manage challenging situations in an empathetic way.
- is able to provide a safe environment for pupils and staff by being approachable yet having a presence, along with a healthy sense of perspective
- appreciates the key roles of parents, carers and wider families in a child’s education and will continually strive to develop effective and strong partnerships between home and school.
In return we can offer you:
- engaged and hardworking pupils
- enthusiastic teaching and support staff who embrace best practice and innovation
- a fantastic and safe learning environment
- a supportive Governing Body.
We would encourage you to come and visit our school. To arrange a visit, please contact Julie Pascoe on (01359) 259319.
If you would like to talk to Jackie Ridding, Chair of Governors, please contact her on 07785 514746 for an informal discussion.
For further information or an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (01473) 263943.
Interview date: 26 and 27 April 2021.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.