- Phoenix St Peter Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR + TLR2 (£2,721 - £6,646)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 21 March 2019 01:00 PM
Required from September 2019 (or sooner). Phase and Year Group is negotiable.
Phoenix St Peter Academy has been on a journey since academisation and we are proud of the continued upward trajectory of improvement seen over the past three years. We are now at the stage where a new member of the leadership team will secure and realise our future success. Your contribution will play a fundamental part in this.
We will help you to develop your own career within a supportive team and we want to listen and learn from you too.
We have built excellent relationships within our school and local community; as a result, we benefit from a strong and effective Friends of Phoenix group, parental support due to leading youth groups and firm links with St Peter and St John's Church.
We are part of the REAch2 Academy Trust and have strong support from the regional team. There are 8 schools in the local cluster; which provides many opportunities for collaborative working and opportunity to advance your career. You will be part of a school established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders.
We look for talented individuals who want to be part of transforming education and creating an exceptional place of learning. With high aspirations for our staff and pupils, we expect our children to make good progress and develop the skills and personal qualities they need for the future. Our website gives you a flavour of our ethos and values that we all live by; but please visit and see for yourself, you will be warmly welcomed.
Our children have asked us to find an awesome teacher - could this be you?
We welcome applications from strong, experienced practitioners who:
- wish to play an active role in the leadership team, demonstrating that they are a motivational and aspirational individual with high expectations for all
- approachable and willing to work with staff across the school to implement strategies to move the school forward
- a dedicated class teacher who can model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
- maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- have excellent interpersonal skills, communicating with clarity and confidence
- committed to developing our children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
- able to develop and establish excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders
- demonstrates faithful adherence to the school's core values and the vision for the school.
Visits are welcomed and if you would like to arrange this, please email Jodie Poll via email: email@example.com
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, we can arrange for a member of the leadership team to call you.
For further details or to apply, please see REAch2 Academy Trust website: class-teacher-phase-leader-phoenix-st-peter-academy
Alternatively, an application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed application forms and Equal Monitoring forms should be returned to:
Jodie Poll, School Business Manager, Phoenix St Peter Academy, Enstone Road, Lowestoft NR33 0NE. Tel: (01502) 574586. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: w/c 25 March 2019.
We reserve the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Candidates selected for interview will be informed after shortlisting and full details of the interview programme will be provided.
REAch2 Academy Trust has an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete and return the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form separately with their application.
Phoenix St Peter is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and check against the ISA barred list for children, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.