- Leiston Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 25 October 2019 01:00 PM
Required from 1 January 2020.
Leiston is a thriving learning community rated as 'Good' and rapidly improving by Ofsted in December 2017. We are part of Avocet Academy Trust, a group of five rural schools.
Our strong philosophy puts the child at the centre of everything we do and we value collaboration and challenge to achieve this.
At Leiston we are currently aiming to recruit a creative and enthusiastic Class Teacher to be part of our team of three year 5/6 classes starting in January 2020.
As a professional interested in furthering your career development we offer quality CPD on a regular basis and the support of colleagues within school and also the wider Academy.
Our school successfully operates a method of team teaching which has seen a reduction in teacher workload and as a result a low turnover of staff.
- Follow the Teaching Standards as set out in the 2011 document
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the classes ensuring equality of opportunity for all through leading engaging learning opportunities and adapting these opportunities to cater for a variety of needs
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher's professional position
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff both within the school and wider academy and external agencies in the best interests of the needs for all pupils
- Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012)
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
- Take part in the appraisal process in order to reflect proactively on one's own practice
- Regularly review the effectiveness of your teaching and assessment procedures and its impact on pupils' progress, attainment and well-being, refining your approaches where necessary responding to advice and feedback from colleagues
- To take an active leadership role to develop the school's curriculum and pedagogical approaches both within one's own classroom and have an impact on the wider school and its pupils.
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed, please contact Joanne Stanley-Bell on the main school number: (01728) 830745.
For further information about the trust and to download our application form and job applicant Privacy Notice please visit https://www.avocetacademytrust.org/careers/vacancies/ or alternatively download an application pack from the related information section.
Interview date: w/c 28 October 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.