- Woolpit Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 26 April 2021 01:00 PM
- Fixed term for one year, initially.
- Required from September 2021.
You will need to have experience teaching within year 6 successfully and will be able to demonstrate effective ways to raise the attainment of children in the class.
Our core values are; Nurture, Resilience, Respect, Inspiration, which are at the heart of all we do. This is to ensure children leave Woolpit Primary Academy with a love of learning, as resilient individuals who are prepared for their futures. Our nurturing approach will ensure all pupils grow into well-rounded individuals with healthy minds. Children will leave our primary school as respectful members of the community; inspired to learn and motivated to achieve.
We would welcome applications from individuals who:
Have a good understanding of the primary curriculum and are able to:
- plan learning opportunities that satisfy the demands of teaching a mixed age class.
- have high expectations of the children and can provide an engaging curriculum.
- challenge the most able and the less able are supported to achieve their full potential.
- have excellent behaviour management strategies and believe in positive behaviour management.
- can use a range of assessment strategies to plan for pupils’ next steps.
- be a great team member with a good sense of humour.
- have a comprehensive understanding of the end of year expectations for Year 6.
We are able to offer you:
- a supportive and welcoming team.
- exceptional behaviour with high expectations for pupils and staff alike.
- a nurturing environment where staff are well supported and a clear vision of excellence is shared.
- opportunities to develop and be part of growing the school
We are a small rural primary school in the beautiful village of Woolpit between Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket.
We are a ‘requires improvement’ school on a huge improvement journey. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of our incredible changes and add value for our children. The person who fills the post will need to have a positive, resilient attitude and be willing to go the extra mile to get our school to where we need it to be.
Visits to our school are encouraged and conversations about the school’s improvement journey also. Please email to request either of these.
An application pack is available to download from the related information section.
Please return completed applications to: email@example.com
Interview dates: 4 and 5 May 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.