- Stowmarket High School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 26 April 2019 10:00 AM
Required from September 2019.
We are keen to accept applications from NQTs as well as from experienced teachers.
We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic teacher of English to join a faculty team that has delivered consistently good results at GCSE and outstanding results at A Level. We are looking for a teacher who is passionate about English and capable of inspiring students of all abilities.
- have strong standards
- strong classroom management skills
- outstanding subject knowledge
- work collaboratively within the department to plan, develop and deliver high quality lessons.
There may be an opportunity for you to teach A Level English Literature.
In return, we will offer you:
- a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues
- a strong focus on staff induction and ongoing professional development throughout the trust
- a consistent and supportive approach to behaviour for learning together
- an inspirational and motivated leadership team
- the opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- a child care voucher scheme
- a commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
Stowmarket High School is situated in picturesque mid Suffolk with excellent commuter links to Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11 - 18 Academy and part of Waveney Valley Academies Trust. Construction of a new school has commenced on our current site and we plan to move in to our new state of the art building in 2020.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at: www.stowhigh.com
Completed applications should be emailed to Michele Miall, Headteacher's PA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 29 April 2019.
Stowmarket High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.