- Sybil Andrews Academy
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 12 April 2021 09:00 AM
- £44,331 - £50,151 pa
- Required from September 2021 (hand over during the Summer Term).
Sybil Andrews Academy is looking for an Associate Assistant Headteacher to lead on the Teaching and Learning, Progress and Outcomes of SEND students. Our Academy is focused exclusively on making a difference to the lives of young people.
Our core aims and values are:
- Being a great place to work where colleagues are valued, supported and encouraged to grow.
- A school which seeks to challenge itself.
- A school which embraces creativity, innovation and change driven by all colleagues.
Sybil Andrews Academy offers a bespoke training programme to all its staff. Our Associate Assistant Headteacher will benefit from being a member of the Unity Schools Partnership which celebrates both professional development and career progression. The Teaching school which is part of Unity will support the successful candidate in this post and their future career. At Sybil Andrews Academy we see the right person for this role as being actively engaged with current teaching and learning practices, willing to be adaptable and flexible, provide updates to the Senior Leadership Team where necessary and be actively part of meetings pertaining to this. Furthermore, we see the right person as being able to lead the SEND department and provide both strategic and operational aims and objectives to the team in both the short and long-term.
Our new Associate Assistant Headteacher will:
- have a relentless drive to improve the outcomes for all SEND students at the academy
- be uncompromising about their approach to inclusion and learning for all SEND students
- able to manage, coach and mentor a team of individuals in order to get the best out of every staff member
- understand how to be strategic and meet the aims and purposes of wider academy improvement objectives
- be willing to undertake SENDCO training with immediate effect.
- effectively articulate the SEND vision for the school
- provide regular and decisive updates relating to SEND to relevant stakeholders
- lead on and manage specific interventions pertaining to SEND students
- be an active part of the Senior Leadership Team and where relevant, Trust meetings
- teaching load will be proportionate to the role, approximately 10-12 periods per fortnight. This may include specific teaching of SEN students
- work alongside the Deputy Headteacher - Academic on teaching and learning priorities across the academy.
If you would like an informal discussion with Trenica King, Headteacher, or Harrison Ruffell, Deputy Headteacher - Academic, prior to submitting your application please telephone Jo Edwards, Headteacher's PA, on 01284 413400 or email: email@example.com
If you would like to apply, please use the following link candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/131221SJD
If you are a current employee of Unity Schools Partnership, please use the following link to apply candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/131221INT
Interview date:16 April 2021
Unity Schools Trust - welcoming diversity
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.