- Olive AP Academy Suffolk (Central)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 24 September 2019 12:00 PM
We are able to offer flexible working conditions. Full time and part time applications welcomed.
We are seeking a teacher who is passionate about supporting children and young people who have often found school a challenge, a teacher who shares our determination to improve our students' life chances and give them learning opportunities which stimulate and excite.
You will be an experienced primary or secondary teacher who wants to develop your practice, engaging both KS2 and KS3 children in more dynamic learning.
We are looking for a teacher who has experience of working in an inclusive school, who can develop and deliver our literacy and numeracy focused curriculum to small groups of KS2 and KS3 students.
A teacher who:
- demonstrates the highest quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- inspires our students and shares a passion for learning
- plans and teaches interactive, exciting lessons which engage our KS3 pupils including those facing barriers to learning and those with social emotional, mental and health needs
- has up-to-date knowledge of the KS2 and / or KS3 curriculum and a desire to teach in an innovative, creative and exciting way which engages reluctant learners.
This is an opportunity to join our multi-academy trust which specialises in alternative provision and is committed to offering continual professional development to all our employees.
We believe that working with excluded children and young people is immensely rewarding. We can offer a place of work where staff and colleagues share a determination to improve the outcomes for excluded and vulnerable children.
Olive AP Academy is an alternative provision academy that supports pupils aged between 7 - 16. The academy has up to 92 pupils on roll at any time and offers support to pupils in KS2 - KS4 with complex or medical needs and those who have been permanently excluded from school. The academy also offers support to KS2 pupils in mainstream schools who are at risk of exclusion.
The academy offers students an inspiring curriculum with high quality newly refurbished classrooms, a sports hall, art and design technology room, science laboratory, construction room, motor mechanics workshops, orchard and garden. Find out more about our school on our website: www.apsuffolk.oliveacademies.org.uk
Olive Academies is a multi-academy trust with three alternative provision academies and an outreach service in London and the East of England. We are one of the first academy sponsors specialising in alternative provision in England. We support children and young people who have experienced difficulty in learning in mainstream schools. We also work with pupils who are at risk of exclusion, those who have been permanently excluded from school and those who have medical needs.
Our aim is to transform the lives of children and young people for whom traditional teaching methods have not worked. We help our pupils develop the confidence, skills and knowledge to believe that they can be successful in their own lives. Find out more about our trust's work on the website: www.oliveacademies.org.uk
At Olive Academies, we offer all our staff:
- a close and supportive team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority
- high-quality CPD, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression
- an organisation which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do
- the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum.
We always welcome visits from potential applicants. Come and see our fantastic academy building, facilities and meet our academy community.
Please get in touch with Helen Everard, Business Manager via email: email@example.com or call (01449) 613931 if you would like to arrange a visit or need any further information.
To download the job pack and application form, please visit: www.oliveacademies.org.uk/working-with-us
Please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 30 September 2019.