- Chalk Hill Academy
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 04 December 2020 01:00 PM
- MPR / UPR + SEN allowance
- Required from April 2021 or earlier subject to availability of candidates.
SENDAT is a Multi Academy Trust focusing provision for a range of complex Special Educational Needs and Disabilities across the Eastern region.
As a residential Alternative Provision Academy, Chalk Hill is unique. We currently have space for 12 residential boys and 18 day boys with Social Emotional and Mental Health needs, aged 8-14. We are currently on an exciting journey of planned growth and development, as part of SENDAT and the Local Authority's overall strategy for SEND provision in Suffolk.
Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you thrive on working with young people who find school a struggle? Are you excited about the prospect of helping young people to turn themselves round and return to mainstream education? Come and join us on our journey!
We are looking for a strong, creative and versatile team player who has patience, stamina and a good sense of humour. Subject specialism is not important, but the willingness to teach across the curriculum with a passion for engaging every child with learning is essential. Every new teacher at Chalk Hill benefits from high quality training and individual support.
This post is a superb opportunity for a forward-thinking teacher who could be:
- a mainstream teacher looking for a new challenge or direction
- a primary school middle leader seeking to broaden their experience in SEND/behaviour management as a preparation for senior leadership
- a teacher experienced in SEND/Alternative Provision looking for a new opportunity in a different setting.
As part of the SENDAT, we offer:
- opportunities for flexible working
- ongoing professional development
- a range of employee benefits including Healthcare and Cycle2Work scheme
- a supportive and friendly working environment.
You are warmly invited to visit the school before applying, and we would be very pleased to speak to you on the phone if you would like more information. Please contact Graham Alcock, Headteacher, on 01787 373583.
To request and application pack, please contact Joy Kent (SENDAT HR Manager)
Email: email@example.com or tel: 01284 717874
Postal address: SENDAT, Ask House, 2 Northgate Avenue, Bury St Edmunds IP32 6BB
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.
SENDAT - welcoming diversity.